Breaking News

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Is all programming constantly changing or just front end JavaScript?

Ask HN: Is all programming constantly changing or just front end JavaScript?
5 by saltcod | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I've been working on frontend dev for several years now, in the pre and post framework era. React and the other frameworks and ES6 in general, has meant a ton of change to the very basics of how we work. The way I do basic things has changed fundamentally in the last 4-5 years. Some of that is because I'm no longer a "beginner", but much is because things have just changed a ton. People who know the JS / frontend ecosystem AND backend stuff as well: Is this rate of change unique to JS, or is it everywhere? Is Rails very, very different now than 4-5 years ago? Django? I use PHP a bit and I've seen that change a bit, but it feels like mostly for the better, with namespaces in particular. Otherwise, I don't feel like PHP has had near the amt of change that JS has had. tl;dr: is it crazy everywhere or just with JS/frontend?

No comments